The Receptionist is the client's first contact when calling or visitng the practice and as such represents the professional image of the practice to callers and visitors. The receptionsist answers telephones, greets clients, prepares patient files and escorts clients and patients to exam rooms, recieves and relays client correspondence , updates client financial records. The exceptional receptionist has the ability to diffuse negative client siutations and foster client bonding.
Job Description: Receptionist ( Full-Time / Part-Time)
Career Level Required: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education and Licensure Requirements:
- High School Diploma.
- Customer Service background desirable but not required.
- Typing skills required.
- Some computer knowledge required; comfortable with Microsoft Word, keyboarding and use of communication tools such as E-Mail.
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Quickly learn how to prononuce, know the meaning of and spell commonly used veterinary terms.
- Perform basic computer skills, type 30 WPM.
- Work requires lifting and carrying records and equipment weighing up to 25lbs; requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- May be exposed to unpleasent odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
* Please complete the application and bring it in person or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org